Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shore Temple

We have alternating destinations for our Saturdays off, but the last couple of Saturdays we have gone to Mamallpurum. It is more of a tourist town but it still has a lot of cool things to see and do. I will do a post on just Mamallpurum next, but this one is just for the Shore Temple. Below is a link to Wikipedia--so obviously all the facts are most likely correct right?--but I figured it is probably about as accurate as my understanding of Indian English is too so what do you do. I am getting better with the understanding/communication too, but the journey of that is another post as well.

I do know for sure that it was really cool and that it was only recently exposed-as in the last 10 years when the 2004 Tsunami hit Thailand. I didn't realize that that Tsunami affected India as well, but I guess it makes sense. The other thing I know for sure was that it was only 10 rupees for Indians to go see the temple, and 250 Rupees for foreigners such as myself. And it was a non-negotiable 250 Rupees. That still isn't tons of money but regardless of the amount of money I still find it annoying. Oh and of course we had random Indian's request we take their pictures--Im not trying to socially profile anyone I promise.