Thursday, March 19, 2015

Kavacet

Well some of my body chemicals have been giving me the middle finger as of late--which means I've been spending some time at good old Kavacet Hospital. Some visits have been better then others, but one thing for sure is that it is always an adventure. Kavacet Hospital isn't as "well funded" as the hospital we usually go to in Chennai, but as of now there has only been a lot of blood draws and consultations so its been fine to go here. Except for one time but I'm still trying to block all that out so lets not talk about it. It was a little traumatizing to say the least.

Anyway, visits tend to take hours--most of it waiting. One time I waited for 5 hours and saw no one, doctor wise anyway. What did this teach me? To make sure I have a puzzle to do on my iPad. It really helps the time pass. And it helps me not feel so weird that everyone stares at me. That's a major problem here because this hospital is in a rural location where porcelain doll skinned individuals like me aren't seen much, let alone seen as a patient in the hospital. 

All the waiting can get boring (despite my love of doing puzzles) so sometimes I'll goof around with my iPad and the locals. They are so memorized with it, making it so much fun to do. I started with a puzzle today but then noticed that the seats in the row right behind me started to be occupied unusually fast. Every once in a while, I would catch someone in the corner of my eye straining their neck just to get a slightly better view. I could tell they were older ladies so I decided to ditch the puzzle and turn on my camera. 





They loved it! Turns out the hospital staff didn't like that so much so I actually got scolded later on but it was fun while it lasted. 

There was a school class from Chenglaput at the hospital today too. I am assuming they were there getting check ups or something. Im pretty sure they initially came over to me because of the iPad so I thought they would leave as soon as I told them I couldn't have it out anymore. Turns out they didn't leave so we talked for a while too. They were so giggly and so happy---not at all how I ever felt about going to the doctor/hospital when I was there age. Or this age for that matter. Sheeba was the RSO nurse who was assigned to me for the day. After the students left she started laughing and said "Ashley, you are a childrens people. All kids love you." It was such a simple comment but it made me so happy--probably because I am completely in love with kids so I considered that compliment one of the best kinds to get.