Saturday, March 21, 2015

Peace out Pondy

Today was my last time going to Pondicherry. Of all the places we go I seemed to have missed the Pondy trips more then any other place, which makes me a little sad because it really is the quirkiest little place. But quirky in a good way. Very artsy and very interesting. 

The Bindu Art School currently has an exhibition set up in Pondy, so we made sure to stop by that while we were here. I was beaming with pride for my friends. I absolutely love their art. 








I found out later that I wasn't suppose to take pics here so I turned off my camera and didn't take anymore. :) I know I am not going to exploit their masterpieces and if any of you think it is a good idea to exploit art created by people affected with leprosy then Im sure there is a special kind of karma that will come bite you in the butt and no one is going to feel the least bit bad for you.

After the Bindu Art exhibit we went the artsy cafe that we love so much for a quick bite to eat. It's safe to say we stuck with the local art vibe for most of the morning.











And then we hit the streets for some serious last time in Pondy shopping. Our first stop was to our favorite textile man---why by the way I saw when Jake and I were in Delhi. He was on our flight there and out flight home. He even recognized us and we chit chatted a bit on trip back to Cheannai. It was so random--what are the chances we would see him in Delhi and he would take both the flights that we did. India isn't small at all. And there is not a shortage of people either. It was pretty nuts. 


Other worthy news includes FINALLY finding some forehead jewels! Not just bindis, but the one that hang down from your hair. Think Jasmine minus the headband part of her headpiece. Okay maybe that was a bad example. Either way, I have been looking for some and haven't been able to find them until today. Which is a little disappointing because I could of been wearing them the last 10 months I've been here but what do you do. The other store I really needed to go to was closed---yet again. So that wasn't to great but whatever. I got forehead jewels so my day was pretty okay. As we were waiting for the van to pick us up there were two young boys selling their artwork. Lon bought this one--which was arguably the best piece. The golden knife blades even sparkle some. Its pretty great isn't it? And you have to hand it to them to be selling something they made and not just begging for money.


So piece out Pondy! Im gonna miss you but Ill be sure to watch Life of Pi when ever I feel the need to re-visit you.