Thursday, April 9, 2015

Putaronnkotai

Today was the last day of medical so needless to say we had a lot of participants. At the request of the volunteers we combined a couple of different groups to come. The colony was Putaronnkotai and it was awesome. There were to many people for everyone to have their own station in the line but we all made sure to keep busy. Of course it would have been nice to man a station but I was actually really grateful I was able to have some time to simply watch and take things in. Taking in the scene of a working mobile clinic never gets old to me. It is an incredibly beautiful thing.  





At this colony we set up in a clearing under the trees. Off to the side of the trees there is a large field. Usually it is empty but today it was occupied with a truck and workers and cows. There were even DECORATED cows!





And for my favorite shot of the cows...........
(Poor plain loser black and what cow in the back)


Some of us went on a garbage gathering mission around the colony. It was something so simple but a really cool experience. I got to talk with and know some of the volunteers a little better while being able to show an extra bit of love to the residents. And of course I got to visit with some of the residents that didn’t make it/need to come to the mobile clinic. These ladies were working on making an adobe stove---it flashed me right back to Africa. They were fun to “talk” with.   




After the colony we visited Vaiyvoor Temple. I have never been to this temple before. I am convinced that you could spend years visiting all the different temples in India and while they are all similar each one is a little different.











I've always loved playtime and the playtimes are only getting more and more precious. Guna, Issac and a few other boys and I swung on the low handing palm tree leaves. Berlyn turns into a freaking machine and runs with two to three kids hanging off her at all times.  


Shallani continues to be beautiful as ever







Saytia is in 10th standard and has finished all her exams, which means she will be leaving campus tomorrow. Of course we had to take some pics together before she left.  :)



I plan to come back to India someday and saying goodbye to Saytia made me realize how much of this experience she has been in. We at least said hi to each other everyday and even though we didn't necessarily talk talk everyday she has always just been there. She took such an active roll in all school functions and the branch that it is going to be weird to be at Rising Star (or back in India for that matter) without Saytia being there for all of it. I love this girl. She is very talented and has a lot of potential. I'm excited to see what her future holds.

Besides it being Satiya's last day, the very VERY saddest part of the day is that today was the Young’s last day in India. They leave early tomorrow morning. It was an emotional day for all but watching Camry cry at the colony this morning because she is leaving India was completely heartbreaking. I have never seen her that way before. All this is kind of blowing my mind, how fast this has all gone. Before I came to India I would tell everyone that I would be back before they knew it. But being about to go back before I know it is really something else.


Once again I personally didn’t get a good picture on my camera so I’ll have to pass along with this one until I can get a hold of one. But despite the crappy pic, I love love love this family. I’m sure going to miss them.