Friday, April 10, 2015

Silver Linings

I made my final trip to Kavacet today. Honestly I would have been fine not to go at all but it was best to go and tie up lose ends. Luckily everything checked out which meant Kavita and I did a whole lot of talking while waiting for the medical van to finish up at the colony and pick us up on the way back. I’ve always had a staff member come with me to the hospital and the last several times it has been Kavitha. It’s been so fun getting to know her better. We have had a lot of cool conversations. In a lot ways we are very similar to one another. We share some of the same trials and talking about what they mean and how it affects us given each of our cultures has been fascinating. I guess all these trips to the hospital have served more purpose then just checking up on my bodily functions.


I am so grateful for the friendships I’ve made while living here in India. Of all the things I’ll be taking home with me, the memories, the personal growth, etc. the friendships mean so much to me. Who ever knew I would be blessed to work and create friendships with so many different kinds of individuals.

Playtimes have become more precious as my time on campus has been drawing to a close. So---rather then try to tell all the stories Im just going to post a plethora of pictures from playtimes as of late. I know that may come as a shock since I "never" just post pictures on my blog. :)

















 





Okay but I do have to write something here. Saytia has finished her 10th standard exams and is ready to go home--meaning today was her last day on campus. She is such a sweetheart. She can be a bit of a moody sweetheart but most girls her age fit that description from time to time so whatever. She is a natural leader and has been very involved with every program on campus the entire time I've been here. I know I will be back to visit India again some days and I didn't think about how weird it will be with out Saytia here.  Although it is sad to see her go, I am excited to see where her live takes her.