Sunday, September 7, 2014

Arrival of Session #5

Our lone volunteer arrived today---yes that's right, one. It was suppose to be her and her mom, but her mom ended up needing to stay home at the last minute so it ended up just being her. Her name is Dominique, she is a blonde Canadian bombshell, and freaking smart to boot. We really didn't have anything crazy India like welcoming Dominique, but she did get a personal drawing done courtesy of J. Kartick. He was being so adorable. He is cute anyway, and I love his raspy voice, but he was especially sweet today. We ran into him in the hostel, where he grabbed my hand and led all of us over to the playground. I had my notebook because I have been working on some bio's for a few of the kids and of course J. Kartick wanted to show us how well he could write. After writing, he started drawing pictures. And he took it VERY seriously. He was concentrating so hard, and every so often would look up quizzically at whoever he was drawing, and go right back to his drawing board. He drew Dominique and then myself and we were all dying over how he was drawing our hair. Especially mine because he kept adding layer upon layer upon layer. When it was Brooklyn's turn, he handed me the notebook and informed me that I was to draw her. A few minutes into the masterpiece though, J. Kartick scolded me for not looking at Brooklyn enough while attempting to draw her so he took back over. He's quiet the stern little art teacher. :)