Sunday, October 5, 2014

Real Beef/Fake Beef

Behold the Beauty of this burger! It tasted so excellent, even if the meat was a little more pink then I would have preferred. I have to admit my defeat though, I wasn't able to eat it all. That could of had something to do with the two appetizers I ate before, or it could be that I need to ease into this much meat after having next to none over the last 5 months or so. I definitely haven't had meat like this since being in India though. I was one happy American. Happy indeed. 


So that was real beef--no doubt about it. But after eating this we were wandering around the mall and I found ranch dressing mix and wait for it--TACO mix. I felt like I was walking in hamburger heaven. Then I looked closer at my taco mix--and there was a catch-it was soy taco mix. No real freeze dried beef (even though the picture looked like it) just real soy taco "meat". Ill own the fact that I was a little disappointed, however the thought of having tacos--even if they are fake tacos--won out in the end. But here is the most surprising part--the fake taco filling actually tasted like real taco filling. I was skeptical, even when the smell of it cooking was dead on, but still, I wouldn't let my guard down. But honestly, had I not known I don't think I ever would have guessed that the taco meat wasn't real taco meat. My excitement over the taco meat find was a little outrageous--and my friends let me know that it wasn't right to be that excited over a soy product, but I saw them licking their lips over my tacos. The said they didn't want any, probably because they didn't believe me that it tasted so good, but that just fine because it left more for me. Tacos. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.