Sunday, December 21, 2014

Rajenderan

It makes me sad to write this post but it must be done. One of our drivers, Rajenderan has resigned from his position at Rising Star. Its been common knowledge for a little while now and the plan has always been that he would continue to work up to the end of the year. That seemed so far away but now it obviously isn't. Sad. Sad. Sad.



I have referred to Rajenderan as an Indian Santa Clause numerous time. He has the build and has the twinkle in his eyes to match it. He has a grand daughter that lives in the village that is just outside of campus and it was no uncommon for him to stop the bus or car he was driving and have his daughter introduce his grand daughter to us. She is such a beautiful baby. All babies are cute but she isn't just cute, she is beautiful.


I loved watching Rajenderan beam as he showed her off. He is a definite family man. Hopefully his new job will allow him to spend more time with his loved ones. I have many fond memories of laughing with Rajenderan as we did our best to communicate to one another. I don't know if it will even be possible but I hope I get to see him again before I leave India. Goodbyes just kind of blow. :(